6.24.2012

I blog when there are lame UFC PPV's on

There is no bigger MMA fan than I.  I have been watching the sport since the pre Dana White historionics, and early Spike TV craziness. I remember watching Pride Fighting Championships on PPV from Japan. On a Sunday night, w/ John and Dina Shingleton, w/ Vicki...  So, I write from authority when I say that I truly love the sport (much like I love boxing), and I watch ALOT of ppv's. However, I am not watching the PPV tonight from Brazil that the UFC is putting on.

The reasoning I have is as follows:  to begin, I like sitting every other PPV out.  I usually go by the credo of 3 fights deep.  In other words, is the main event great? Cool. Is the Co-main event great? Awesome.  What about the 3rd fight, is it appealing?  If it is, you may have a done deal as far as viewing a PPV is concerned when it comes to my opinion. Usually that's my hard and fast rule.

However, the card in Brazil tonight, just does not do anything for me.  It's not that I don't know the majority of the names on the card.  That's fine.  I've discovered alot of great fighters in both the boxing and MMA worlds by just giving 'em a chance and digging them.  I can't do it w/ this card.

Simply put, I love Wanderlei Silva.  Not only is Vicki's "ugly boyfriend", he is a great guy. NO OTHER fighter has kept it as real as he has in the ring.  I remember watching videos of his fights in Japan... he was utterly devastating.  Unfortunately, a great fighter always gets old. With age, goes the chin.   Wanderlei can't take a punch anymore.  He probably should have quit fighting a long time ago.  Sad.  Can't watch him. Don't want to get bummed out :(

It has been a good weekend.   Took Toby to Sweet Pete's . It's an organic chocolate place, down in the "hipster" Springfield neighborhood.  An author read a book about puppy dogs, which T gave a standing ovation!! He then had a chance to create his own chocolate lollipop.  Of course, it was very appropriately fashioned to look like a Golden Retriever!  Toby promptly fell asleep on the ride home!! He hasn't even eaten his creation yet! Can ya believe it!?

No comments: