9.22.2012

First Show!

Well, the first show of The One Guy Talking Podcast is now in the books.  I actually did an outline, and some show preparation!  I had the inimitable Amy Barton (@amesbelle) of Punch Drunk Radio Fame.  Amy was an awesome guest, and she hung in there, answered my questions, and we even reviewed UFC 152.  I'm actually watching UFC 152 as I type this!!!

The best part of the interview is when I said "Amy, don't some fights have a visceral affect in you?  Don't you associate where you were, and what you were up to when a certain fight happened?  I have suuuuuuuch a visceral attachment to Boxing/MMA." Amy, straight shooter that she is; paused and said:  "Um, No.".... LOLOLOL Awesome guest. Amy, you can come back anytime! Please listen to her show shout out to @PunchDrunkMMA, and MMA Diehards (mmadiehards.com, @mmadiehards).

I learned a few things after doing my first show.  I have a total, TOTAL profound respect for what Howard Stern does now.  Try talking for an hour (And Howards does it for 4 or so hrs), and try being interesting.  .  I felt the hour flew by. I was able to make some laughs, talk about a s port that I loved, and my guest did not hang up the phone in anger/fear!!!!

In all seriousness, it was a great experience.  It's awesome to have a hobby.  If it's boring, or interesting, it's my hobby, and I'm gonna try to do this for real, very very seriously.

It was just groovy to have a bit of a laugh, Amy was really ready to mix it up, and roll w/ it. It was great!!!

Aside from doing the podcast, we've beeing trying to be happy, and progress past my Father's passing.  As the shock turns to sadness, and some regret.I realize how quiet the world is w/o him.  Each boxing/mma match I have seen since he passed away, I almost reach for the phone to call him, to see if he is watching.. :)

No comments: