10.08.2012

Shout out to Julie Kedzie, and Musing on being a new homeowner

I feel bad that I don't post as often as I should here. This blog has helped me go thru many highs, and lows during its' many years of existence.  It's taken me through sucky jobs, and many good things at the same time. A marriage to an awesome, gorgeous chick in Vicki.  A fantastically super smart, handsome little boy in Toby.  A lot of time  has passed since I started this blog. There have been a few years where I have not posted at all/posted very little.  That's a bit of a bummer.  I owe the readers (all 3 of you) a few more posts a month! I'm still gonna shoot to do that!

There is alot, alot, ALOT of groovy news to share.  To begin, Vicki, Toby and I  are now homeowners! We found a funky, brick place in the suburbs, w/ high ceilings, 3 bedrooms, and a KOI POND in the back yard.  It's a hyooge step in my emotional growth.  I'm very scared. However, it seems like we can do it!!  Not seems, but it's an actual reality. I'm looking fwd to having our own place. One that we can put our personal stamp on, and enjoy.  You gotta see the community we are moving into. I know it may seem weird to fall in love w/ a house AND the community pool (w/ killer water slide) that is around it, but that is the case!

Very excited about the house!!  Scared but excited.  I don't know if my Dad would be proud, or think we are crazy.  However, we seem to have all of our ducks in a row!  Fingers crossed on the inspection going well this week!

As far as The One Man Talking Podcast is concerned, it's going very very well.  You know it's amazing. While I LOVE boxing, and MMA, I don't envision my show to be a sports podcast. That's been done/is being done by very talented people like Mauro Ranallo, Ariel Helwani, etc.  I talk about stuff (politics, humor, life, MMA, Boxing, love, family, etc.) that I'm interested in.  I've reached out to alot of celebs, actors, authors, (Damien Echolls, Ray Banks) to come on the show, and hang out. The only people to come on have been in the MMA world.

And now, as far as my great guest was concerned:



I was very fortunate that the lovely Ms. Julie Kedzie was nice enough to come on the show, and promote In Victa Fighting Championships 3, where she was doing the announcing for that show. I have been a fan since the Gina Carano fight. We'd chatted a few times via Twitter, and she couldn't have been a nicer gal (though she did get mad at me when I kind of dissed Nick Diaz, but that's another story lol )  I envisioned the interview as this: everyone in the fight world knows she's awesome, that she kicks butt. That she trains hard; and that she is a member of Team Jackson-Winkeljohn.

However, did the general public know that she is very fetching ("easy on the eyes"!) and funny and whip smart? I dunno, but that's the angle I wanted to show in this interview.  Julie seemed to have fun. We talked about everything from MMA, to David Bowie (we both dressed as him for Halloween!) to dogs and cats! It was a blast. I thank Jules for her time!  In fact, she has 3 new fans. 2 people called me and said "Hey I'm totally watching her fights from now on", as well as a friends' 9 yr old daughter said Julie was her hero!  :)

So, Thanks Julie! I encourage everyone to support her sponsors! If you're in New Mexico, support Jackson-Winkeljohn MMA,  peruse her sponsors page, and buy t-shirts, and browse the websites that are linked on her sponsors page!

Who knows, maybe sometime that Mary The Lawyer and I do  a segment called "Is it legal or illegal?!?!" on the podcast, we may get some callers from the MMA world of Albq on the phone!!

No comments: