3.11.2016

Stockton and the 209

I know that I always say I'm gonna blog more... but I get tired.... and I come home from work, and by that time, my hands hurt and I come home and I see Vicki and Tobin, and I like, wanna hug my kid, and kiss my awesome wife, and feel that life has some redeeming, winning qualities as I try to navigate my way thru dark thoughts that I always have. So I apologize. I always have groovy, artistic intentions, it is just finding the time to exert energy for those groovy artistic hobbies while dealing w/ typical depression and anxiety and normal life stuff that is tough! I will try harder!!

Caught the awesome Connor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz fight Saturday. Amazing heart shown by Nate, to come back from being bloodied up in round one, to put Connor to sleep in round 2 (well, he didn't go to sleep, he tapped) w/ a rear naked choke


As far as pure athletes w/heart are concerned... No guys are tougher than Nick and Nate Diaz... Which further proves my feelings that boxing and MMA are art forms... sames as ballet, theatre, etc. The passion and emotion that these guys leave in the cage(even though they kvetch too much) is intense. Of course, The UFC, was trying to build Connor McGregor into their Floyd Mayweather. And he sure can promote a fight!! I usually don't buy into the hype.. .but i sure did here. I'm sure Dana White is sad that the poster boy who moved up 2 weight classes lost like a  wuss... but that's the fight biz!

When I came home and told Tobin about it, he sussed the events and ramifications  concisely like only a hip 7 year old can: "Well Dad, I guess the guy who was supposed to be the man, wasn't really the man after all!".. "Boom". I love that kid.

So, props to Vicki for letting me go watch it, Props to Nate Diaz for representing Stockton and the 209, and mega props to my awesome son for summing up in 1 sentence what MMA sports journalists have been writing huge articles about!

Had a decent week. Keeping my head above water. Looking for an internship thingy... we will see how that goes. Trying not to get too stressed or emotional. Living in the moment, and working on some cognitive techniques to change the way I look at things so the dark blanket of thoughts I have doesn't cover me.. .It's workin!

No comments: