9.30.2004

Should Post More Often

But for some reason I don't. There has been alot going on since I gave my shout out to Bernard Hopkins who KO'd ODLH in Las Vegas. First off, Vicki, Susannah and I went on the Polycystic Kidney Disease Walk (in memory of our son, Sam) . It was in Liberty State Park on the 18th September. Although a WINDY blustery day, an emotional, but satisfying time was had by all! Our local North Jersey Chapter raised over $50,000 to fight this horrible disease. If you want more information click here.

Thinking about boxing, last week we saw yet another superstar go down, again KO'd in the 9th Round. Roy Jones, Jr., a guy who I've seen fight live 2x, and who had the athleticism and speed of a ballet dancer; a guy who at one time went multiple rounds without getting hit, got KTFO (knocked the f*ck out!) by a tough guy nameed Glen Johnson last weekend!

This was a particularly BRUTAL KO in that Roy did not move for a good 10 minutes or so, I was really worried about him... he could not open his eyes for the longest time. It was truly one of those sports moments where you are watching on TV, and you feel an overwhelming sense of sadness for the competitors performing. This marked the 2nd fight in a row Roy got KO'd in. Sad to see him hang up the gloves, but "they all get old" as my dad tells me.

Sunday went to a great Tappas place in Soho on Saturday night for Dina's birthday called Pintxos. You should really check it out. The food was delicious, and the place while small, had quite the bit of ambience for all the young lovers out there reading this ! :) And, you can't beat a good pitcher of sangria.

Last night went to see hip English band Keane in concert last night at Irving Plaza w/ Vicki ( who looked GORGEOUS--see me getting brownie points from the wife !) and John and Dina. Aside from the annoying quasi NY hipster couple who made out openly in front of us (and the guy was touching her bum, like had his hand down the back of her pants.. not just on the bum through the jeans!) a good time was had by all.

Got to catch up w/ my old friends the Barretts from Somerset UK today via the phone. It was lovely to talk to Paula and catch up on gossip, and fill her in on the year Vicki and I have had. It sounds like she and Jon and their girls (Georgie and Evie) are doing great, and I promised that Vicki and I would be hoisting a pint w/ them at The Lamb very soon.

It's great to reconnect w/ old friends! It was as if we talked yesterday .. AWWWWWW. How sentimental!

No comments: