10.05.2004

Interviews, I've had interviews

Just wanted to try to endeavor to update this here blog on a semi regular basis. I realize that alot of times, events will happen in everyday life that are not too exciting, as a result--I get quiet, and don't post. However, I'm trying to remind my dopey self that the main reason I started this experiment (which I've never expanded into offering MP3's and stuff, but I will, Oh yes, I wil l, in time) was to document my neurosis' about finding a job, and life being unemployed!

Well, I'm still unemployed, and I'm still chagrined about it! I have been busy w/ interviews. Unfortunately, I have STILL not head from the not so good kids at Vonage. I have left them a couple messages, and I still have not had a reply... I thought the interview went well!! People do surprise you!

I had an interview last week in NYC at this agency for a corporate inventory position at a pharmaceutical Co. The guy who spoke to me was at least 4 and a half bills. Seriously. He was Bob's Big Boy personfied. Almost to the fact that his stomach took on a life of it's own. Pulsating, heaving, alive... A veritable continent in its' own right. I stood there transfixed, staring at it, as he tried to interview me about my contract negotiation skills.

Hey you never know, maybe he can get me in the door there, and maybe he will hit the treadmill.

Had an interview yesterday at an agency for a contract purchasing position in Parsippany @ Company ABC. We shall see. I certainly posess all of the skillset they need. Have another interview today at an electronic component company in Mahwah. Very shady. When the HR lady (who sounds like one of those hardcore, Bloomfield /N. Jersey Italian ladies who smokes 8 packs of Virginia Slims per day) found out about my salary request, she asked if there was some wiggle room there.

Sigh. I shall update more later.

No comments: