4.01.2005

End of week blues

You ever get the vibe where the work day is just dragging, and dragging and DRAGGING??? It seems like time is going in reverse here at the ol' Chocolate Factory today. Not that it is a bad thing or anyting. I'm just sayin' that 5pm can not come here more quickly for my tastes (as cultured as those tastes are!)

First off, as my last posting states, if you have not seen the Pacquiao vs. Morales fight .... check it out. Buy it from a tape trader, watch it on HBO , whatever. If you want to see what makes boxing so passionate... so exciting, so wonderful, please do yourself a favor and check it out. Winning or losing, both are warriors in my book.

Crazy couple of days w/ the whole Terry Schiavo deal. I'm gonna try to keep my mistrust of organized religion out of here for the time being. Let me just say that it should have been a very private family matter, not one decided by the Senate, or our vacationing President. Shame on them for exploiting grief. Having been someone who has had to say "no more procedures" regarding a dying loved one... I know the whirlwind of emotions there.... shame on the Religious Right. . Period . Jeb Bush is lame, btw.

Also, we have Pope John Paul II moving on to that high rise Vatican City loft in the sky. I remember Pope John I who died after like 30 days "on the job"... I was in 2nd grade when that happened. Crazy.

Looking forward to a very relaxing weekend! Susannah is in Oklahoma (seriously, and hey she's talking to me again) , and Kirk is in Beantown.. so it is a total Ethan and Vicki weekend!

Watch out , we're hanging w/ the Shingletons tonight!!

No comments: