10.20.2005

We're the Kids in America (At Marco & Pepe)

Hey now folks. Thought I'd get online and leave a little posting towards the end of the week. I can't tell you how long it's been since I've posted 2x in 7 days on here! So, you're really get a bang for your internet buck this week. Ol Mr. Sincoff is feeling prolific and stuff. Just call me Billy Faulkner

Had a very interesting weekend last week. I gots ta talk about pleasant stuff because work has been kicking my ass this week. I was just in a 4 hour meeting today discussing all these value savings projects for 2006 that the confectionary business is gonna do. The minutia we discussed was just keraaaaaaaaaazy. Like reduce foil 1mm on all Crunch bars... I'm serious. I want to push a child in traffic after that.

So last weekend, yeah. We saw alterna rock arena stars Foo Fighters and Weezer . A very nice rock show was had by all. Though my wife DID swoon a bit too much during Dave Grohl's Schtick on stage. Who woulda thunk he had all that charasma while the drummer in Nirvana .

Then, after the concert, we were walking Freddie and Lulu. We ran into the cool kids who work accross the street at Marco & Pepe. We finally went out on the beers w/ them. One of the waitresses', Jessica has a fiancee who is also named Ethan (see it's funny because MY name is Ethan, and HIS name is Ethan.. repetition plus time = comedy, folks!) .

This Ethan as it turns out is in this band called The World Famous Crawlspace Brothers . They do country acoustic songs about serial killers. Cool, sardonic stuff. He's a good guy, so I'm giving him a shout out here.

Highlight of the drinking night was when E was arguing w/ this waitress (like in a good way arguing) they were talking about cities going downhill, like urban problems, African Americans and stuff. Vick leans in and goes to me "what are they talking about?" I go, "They're talking about the decline of the Post Industrial American Urban Center". Vick goes "Oh, they're talking about BLACKS"... Hysterical stuff from my sexy liberal wife from Pennsyltucky!

So it was a good night w/ all of the M&P Kids. This week has been a blur of work, work , and more work. Oy Vey, man! Gimme Gimme a vacation.

Thank god the weekend is here!

No comments: