10.10.2008

Life on Mars

Before I talk about my new favorite show, I gots to post the greatest video of all time!!! Robert Gibbs, Communications Director for the Obama Campaign LAYS THE SMACKDOWN on Sean Hannity of Fixed Noise!! :O)






I just love him blubbering (he IS very pasty, isn't he??) about how "I am no Anti-Semite!Benjamin Netanyahu blurbed my book!!" It was awesome to see Gibbs really stick it to him! He made me proud!!



Now, on a purely pop culture note, I LOVED "Life on Mars" !!! Any Show that features a Bowie tune as its theme song is rocking in my book. Time will tell if the writers for the show are able to keep the concept going of a police detective from 2008 sent back in time to 1973 by getting hit on the head in an accident. The character of Detective Sam Tyler has no choice but to solve crimes in 1973, in a Police Department (and City of New York) that are VASTLY different than the world he is used to in 2008. In all seriousness, I have not loved a show as much since "Homicide: Life on the Street"



Which, by the way, is the only show I know of that began the pilot episode, and ended the last show of the series with the same line:



"That's the thing about this job, it ain't got nothin' to do with life".



Just brilliant.



"Life on Mars" is worth watching for Michael Imperioli's muttonchops alone!!


4 comments:

Vicki said...

I'm with ya so far. Excellent 1st episode. I'm not sure if I like "Life on Mars" more than just plain "Life," though. Time will tell.

Sean Hannity's job is another I'd be willing to do at 1/2 price and would be far better at. I could spit nonsensical bs and make the right look completely incompetent and idiotic all day long. I couldn't take over for Papa Bear O'Reilly, however. I just don't have the energy to yell that much.

kaylynuke said...

It's good so far, but I wouldn't give it the Homicide nod, yet. It reminds me a lot of Journeyman so far, but with more famous actors.

Vicki said...

Kayly, that is a very good analogy, there. I agree. :) I like it a bit more than Journeyman, however

Anonymous said...

You know of course it's originally a British show ;)
what can I say we're good like that... TV shows, MMA people, (okay ONE but still) Royalty.. me!!!
Gotta Love us :)