3.11.2010

So, from Negative Stuff comes positive Stuff

I originally was going to make this post about how certain things suck at the old place of business. However, I'm working on not being so bummed.

There were all these open sales positions opening up at my company. And I was encouraged to apply. I really put myself out there, studied our products, I went out in the field for a day w/ a sales rep and everything. I know I could do that job. I was getting psyched for the interviews for the rep positions. I truly felt that I was an expert in our product knowledge.

Lo and behold, I get the word that they were not interested in pursuing me further! I had spent time a way from my family, trying to make a career transition. I did everything I was encouraged to do; I networked, I schmoozed, and I hustled (and flowed) . Then, they decided "to go in a different direction". My aggressive nature had "turned pepole off". Can ya believe that?? We're talking about sales here!!

However, things are looking up. I'm not only embracing my current role (cos hey, what am I gonna do, right?) things are looking up outside of the place as well, for reasons I can go into later. All is all, I can say that it takes guts to try and make a career change; and it sucks to be rejected by the same people who encouraged you to apply in the first place.

I took a deep breath, looked at Vicki, Tobin and the rest of my family. Everyone is hanging in there. Maybe things are not perfect from a life perspective, but they are pretty darned good. Hey, there's a new UFC next week too!! So things are looking groovy. I still know that I could be the #1 sales guy in the country, btw. I'd would never buy my suits off the rack, either!!

4 comments:

kaylynuke said...

Hope you're counting me as pasrt of the rest of the family, because you guys are family to us. We're behind you no matter where you go. But proximity *does* make "behind you" a lot easier. ;-)

Vicki said...

The Newcomers are not only family, they're honorary Heebs, too!

I'm so proud of you, sweets. And your new go get 'em attitude is ludicrously sexy :). XOXOXOX

Ro-Beast Rollie said...

Have you been slamming your fists on conference room tables again? ;)

Seriously though, you summed it all up with the title. I'm sure you've gained a lot of new skills and experience from this push that you could take anywhere if you chose to. Including the octagon!

Dawdy said...

believe in yourself as others believe in you and you can and will be whatever you want.
Success is mostly right time & place, keep trying and your time will come.
Best wishes 2 u and the family mate