5.06.2010

Shout out to the Mom's!

Well it's been a gorgeous week here in the Lovely Jerz! There's nothing that gets the ol' serotonin pumping like a few days of nothing but sunshine! Vick, Tobin and I were at a wedding in Pennsyltucky last weekend. It was a fun, interesting time. I'm fascinated by this whole line dancing craze, don't get it... cowboy hats... in Pennsylvania..... kerazy. However, Vicki's niece and her hubby are good people so it was groovy to see them and do that. Although I did not agree w/ the pastor preacher dude saying that marriage is only between a man and a woman.... what can ya do? It wouldn't have been my choice of rhetoric in the middle of a fun, joyous moment :)


We have a very special weekend coming up here. Of course, it's Mother's Day on Sunday. It's holidays like these that of course make me very sentimental for my Mom. I can't believe she has been gone for over a decade. At the same time, I'm moving onto a stage in my life where I have a family of my own. She would have been proud to see how great Vicki is (and she is amazing) as a Mom. As they say "the kid can pick 'em"! I certainly picked the Greatest woman in the world to have a child with, and to raise a family with. Vicki, you are my rock, and the anchor of this family!! I love you babes :)


In honor of Mom's Day, I'm gonna let Vicki pick out a menu, and I'm going to cook on Saturday night!! Should be fun. Maybe Mr. T will even go to bed at a reasonable time so we can have a glass of red wine or 7! I'm totally looking forward to Mother's Day. Should be a blast!






Not only is is Mother's Day weekend, but there is a UFC Card, UFC 113 up in one of my favorite towns, Montreal, Quebec Canada. It's a pretty groovy MMA card. Now, I judge a card by how "deep" it is. For example, ok, the headline fight is good, perhaps the co-main event is good, however, are any of the prelim fights on the card good? That is often the deciding factor if I get a PPV or not.




Even though Vicki's boyfriend, Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida is fighting, we will not be getting this PPV as it will interfere w/ the Mom's Day festivities. I just thought I would give you a break down of who I thought would win:


I just thought I'd break down the big fights on the card really quickly:

Lyoto is fighting Mauricio "Shogun" Rua in a rematch of their controversial first fight from October of last year.

I thought it wasn't as controversial as they made it out to be. Yes, it was a close decision, and it could have gone either way, however it went to Lyoto. I see Shogun as being the better aggressor, but Machida is the better chess player, point counterpoint. He's a brilliant tactician. So I pick him to win a decision.


As for Josh Koscheck vs. Paul Daley.... two guys who can bang.. and of course, Daley is Black AND British which is a rocking combination...However Koscheck is an excellent wrestler. Kos will win in the 2ND round via Ref stoppage due to GnP.


As for Mr. Kimbo Slice....

Who cares? He seems like a nice, humble guy, but he is the MMA equivalent of car crash material! He has no skill, just charisma and a punch!! So, let him and Matt Mitrione slug it out and go crazy. I'm sure it will be fun, and fascinating in the same way a horror film is cool!

Happy Mother's Day to all the great Moms' out there! Vicki, you are the greatest wife and Mom a guy could ask for!!

No comments: