5.13.2010

UFC 113 Results - Ethan doesn't do too badly at picking the winners!!

So, I'm thinking that if I ever decide to leave the purchasing world , I can get one of those jobs on ESPN.com or one of the plethora of MMA website where I can prognosticate my face off!! I think I can go Mens Wearhouse, get myself some suits, and some French Cuff Shirts, and put one of those headset microphone thingys on my face and just rock it!! No one speaks w/ passion on boxing and mma like I do! I think I can just really speak well on the topic. Until Dana White calls , I can only feel confident in my ability while waxing philosphical here!!
I'm soooo ready for my closeup, Mr. Demille!! When is the UFC or Strikeforce gonna call me??? Will it ever happen????? I could so call a fight, and interview the particpants!! Can't you just see me joking w/ Frank Mir, and joshing Jose Aldo??!??!

I picked 2 of the PPV fights correctly, so that was a good thing! Josh Koschek did indeed beat Paul Daley w/ his superior wrestling skills (not to mention Daley's sucker punch after the fight which cost him a job w/ the UFC), and Matt Mitrione did beat the farce (and ratings grabber) named Kimbo Slice. Dana White, being the gangster that he is, immediately fired Kimbo after his losing effort!
Of course, I was way way way waaaaaaaaay wrong in my prediction of the main event!


Mauricio "Shogun" Rua totally dominated and KTFO'd Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida in the very first round!!! It's funny how quickly the tide can turn in the fight game! Just a few weeks ago, people were talking about "The era of the Dragon"!! Now, of course, it's Shogun's Time!!

On the home front, things are groovy. Tobin is just amazing(even though he got cranky at Rob's Bistro last night!)Vicki is one amazing wife, let me tell you, I always have to give her major, major shoutouts all the time!! She is the greatest Mom too. Just the best

Lulu and Fred Sincoff are still 2 dogs w/ attitude!!! They are groovy puppy dogs. They have been under the weather lately in that they got into the garbage, and they ate some bad turkey breast! Poor Lulu has been wimpering for a couple days. She is just now starting to feel like her sassy puppy dog girl self :) At least she is back on the mend. Fred must be a little younger in that he was under the weather for just 24 hrs!






In other fights/MMA news; we have "Strikeforce Heavy Artillery" coming up on Saturday night on Showtime!! It's a fairly okish card w/ some interesting fights/fighters. Andrei Arlovski is fighting, which should be fun (although Vicki said "I could fucking beat him now! Fang mouthpiece or no fang mouthpiece!!") as is Holland's favorite son, Mr. Alistair Overeem. Who, not only is Dutch, but he's black! Which totally rocks! Here's hoping he passes the pre and post fight urinalysis (big steroid rumors) and that he beats the former Sam's Club worker in Bret Rogers!!!

I'd be remiss to not mention we had a rocking picnic w/ Caleb and Lisa!!!!! :) Two groovy new friends! The Sincoff's are rolling "nothin' but 7's!!!"

2 comments:

Soupie said...

I was mightily pissed off with Paul Daley! :( what a punk move.... he is no longer British to me...although he did give a rather eloquent apology...still a punk move! But talking of punk moves...the non existent knee that had Koscheck rolling around?>???? PLEASE Josh you aint getting an award for your acting! I think I've gone off him again, not that punching someone after the bell is okay but what did he say to make him that pissed off? Same thing that bloke said to Zidane in the world cup probably!!
Looking forward to the next PPV and Etahn's predictions.... :)

Vicki said...

You really would be a fantastic announcer. Better than Joe Rogan. And you'd actually shower and shave before PPVs.