10.01.2010

Finally the weekend (or Props to Shirley for coming to visit!)

I'm writing to you after a Friday night "Date Night"!! Shirley, my mother-in-law, has been visiting for the past few days. It has been great seeing Tobin chase after her calling her "Damaw" It's adorable actually. Anyway, Shirley was nice enough to volunteer her babysitting services. It's few and far between that V and I can enjoy a leisurely, solo dinner sans child!



We ended up going to a Spanish restaurant called Jai Alai in Dover. It actually gave the legendary Spanish restaurants in the Ironbound section of Newark a run for the money. The vibe of the place was very chill, w/ tons of Bullfighting posters and Jai Alai paraphernalia abounding. We shared this great mariscada salsa roja. It was basically a seafood casserole in this red wine brandy reduction. It was deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelish!! The Stuffed mushrooms for a starter were to die for.

It was not like the date nights of the Prehistoric Pre Tobin Era :) There was no imbibing in various East Village Watering holes. We were home to Shirley and Tobin by 9:30. We actually watched "The Soup" on E!, and we were in bed by 11:30pm. Rock n'roll right? I'm sure the members of Arcade Fire, and The Black Keys are very, very jealous!

It is gonna be a very social weekend as Vicki's sister, brother, and sister-in-law are coming today to pick up Shirley. One of the props of aging is that people come to pick you up from places. I can't wait til that happens to me in my golden years! And no, I'm not making fun, I actually think it's great!!! Also, Ernie, (who is my former middle school speech teacher) and his wife Eleanor are coming to visit tomorrow!! Should be a blast.

Now, if we could only get the Giants to beat the Bears tomorrow night on NBC, we would be batting 1000!!

No comments: