10.13.2010

A whole lot of Non Shaking Goin' On!!

Boy oh Boy oh boy! Who woulda thunk that if you moved just 25 minutes down the road, there would be such a big difference?? While I was never the hyoooooogest Madison, NJ fan, it did have some positives. It was a walking town. There was a Main Street that you could walk down and check out the stores. There were lights, restaurants etc. People were out and about.

Rockaway, where we moved to is remote and isolated in my opinion. You can't walk ANYWHERE because you are at least 2 miles away from the "downtown" area. Hey, even if you stick your head out the door of your house, you get nothin'. Like total crickets chirping and stuff. I'm getting used to all of this... quiet.... it is kind of wack. I'm not the biggest fan. Since this is the place where I write my thoughts. I figured that I would put it out there.

It's one of the themes I wrestle with. I always, always, always have loved action. and people. Nature is great, but people are cooler, quite frankly. we had to make a move rather suddenly when our landlord felt like reclaiming our old apartment. It was cool to be able to see Neighbor Jones, and Mrs. Perriwinkle ( if you will) and give 'em a shout out & talk about landscaping, or the works of Proust. Out here, in Rockaway Township, there ain't a lot of literary criticism going on, sadly.

However, I'm trying to work through it. The Big Fella upstairs put us out here on Cherokee Avenue for a reason. I'm just working to find out why!!

No comments: