4.12.2012

Yo! I is a bad poster! Or, why I'm not The Bloggess

I always say that I'm going to post more and more.  I never do!  It's not that I don't want to post.. I LOOOOOOOOVE my blog, and some of the stuff that I have put on here over the years.  It's just that w/ the responsibilities of father/husband-hood, and trying to do well at my job:  I don't get inspired alot to write on here!  I wish I could be The Bloggess. I'd love to turn my musings (confusion!?) about growing older, being a Dad, and my love of boxing, and mma into something lucrative!!!  However, one has to dance the dance that brung ya!!

Alot has been going on in the few weeks since I last was here. To begin with, in the wacky world of mma, there is a bit of controversy.  Allistair Overeem, who was going to fight in the main event of the next UFC ppv,  just tested positive for steroids.  He had been plagued for years by rumors of performance enhancing drugs.  Alot of his fights in the past have taken place in Japan.  They are not as stringent in testing for performance enhancing drugs.  The dopey "schlub" had a testosterone level of 14:1, a normal level for a guy is 4:1, and the Nevada State Athletic Commission allows a level of 6:1!!

For a guy who can speak English,and that can "pop" a crowd, to fall like that is just amazing!!  I mean he just sent Brock Lesnar back to the WWE ("real" fighting retirement!) and his career was at an all time high... what a fall from grace!!

On the home front.... my Dad is now living a couple of buildings down.  To say that he is a challenge, is an understatement!  As I get older, I realize more and more how much of a social filter my mom was for him.  There just seems to be a bit of a disconnect sometimes w/ him! He's my Dad, and I love him.... but sometimes, I wish he was farther away!!

Work is work... what can you do??!  Don't hate it, at least. Still waiting on seeing what is up w/ the new organization!! We shall see :)

No comments: