4.03.2015

East At Easter - or a Good Friday Post

It was one of my favorite songs from The Simple Minds! album "Sparkle in The Rain". It came out before "Don't you Forget About Me".  So, while they were on the cusp of crossing over into huge American success (while still maintaining street alterna cred, they were still one of those underground (for a 15 year old kid from Jersey) British alternative bands.

The album is full of "sound". It's really grandiose. Of course, it was produced by mega producer Steve Lilywhite.  I discovered it, on my 1982/1983 trip to England w/ Mr. Lanno and Dr. Jaegger at NPHS.  I think I bought it on cassette in London. While "Speed your Love to Me" and "Up on the Catwalk" are more of my favorites.... I think "East at Easter" (is Jim Kerr talking about Eastern Europe?  The Vatican? Where East is he referring to??) has a vibe that is memorable... and it's got some great vocals....

The version of "Street Hassle" by Lou Reed that's on there leaves some stuff to be desired... I'm not sure if it's good or not... Since it is Good Friday, I found it appropriate to reference a song that while I haven't heard in many years, fits into this weekend, and it still worth checking out.

Other than that, things are good. Work is work. It was "end of quarter". Which in the purchasing world, is always a kooky time. All the groups you support all want to spend the remainder of their budget... and everything is a rush!  However, I got thru it!!  I also got to take a nice walk w/ Vicki solo (well we walked the dogs) So thanks to Shirley for that!!! :)

Life's pretty good. How about everyone else?

No comments: