7.23.2004

It's a rainy Friday

And of course it is laundry day today. Nothing is better than schlepping a load of dirty undies and concert t-shirts to the laundromat around the corner in a torrential tropical island like downpour.  The woman who runs the shop, who always gives me the evil eye like "why is a man doing laundry?!" (she's Asian) has  not fixed any of the machines since the Gerald Ford Administration in 1975.  Everything is broken (and I'm not talkin' the Bob Dylan song that some of us may remember)

So after towelling off from moving said dirty laundry from washer to dryer, I realized that a certain headhunter type guy has called me regarding one of the positions I submitted my resume to via the  lovely hotjobs.com.  See kids, don't despair, those search engines really do work, and the profits don't go to keep Kids in sweatshops, or whatever.  I left him a voicemail so we shall see.

It's shaping  up to be an interesting weekend. First off, tomorrow day--Vicki & your's truly will be hosting a cookout for the folks on the John Kerry for President list here in the NY area. With friends coming as well, it looks like we're gonna have like 30 peeps or so.   There will be grilling/BBQing a plenty. Let's hope it can do some good, and that people make use of the donation sheets that will be passed around.  From what I'm reading, it's gonna be a very, very close race.  I just dont get how working class America can support such a Republican like GW.  He can't even run touting the war in Iraq, it's such a mess there.

After that, for all you boxing fans that are out there, Saturday night is a great super lightweight fight  matching Arturo "Thunder" Gatti (from Jersey City, via Montreal!) for Leonard "The Lion" Dorin (from Montreal via Bucharest Romania!) check out  this site here for more info on these 2 great warriors.  If you want to see a fight w/ tons o'action check this out.

Aside from that, Perhaps my career path should be one of ring cutman?  Can you see me w/ the vaseline on my arm, trying to close a fighters' gash over his eye, screaming "give me the endswell , now dammit"?

Just a thought, more later.

No comments: