8.02.2004

Hanging Chads while Under the Knife

So I'm here at Holmes Regional Medical Center. It's 7:20am-- and I've just said goodbye to dad so he can be put under for surgery. We joked w/ the anesthesiologist about him being from New York, and he said that it was ok that Dad was a Mets fan, he would not hold it against him.

So, I'm very optimistic about today--I have to tell you. While I would rather NOT be woken up this morning, what can you do? Dad was in good spirits, and I even told him that he better get used to having a smooth, hairless body (they shaved him b4 surgery) because after he recovers we are gonna turn his white ass OUT on the street to make some money!

We laughed.

So,Yeah. It's coffee time now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ethan,
don't worry my hero things going to be okay. Don't be depressed because life is always moves in cycles. Meaning, today everything goes smoothly but then things change dramatically.
In terms of your father, he will be okay because medicine advances have been superb for the past decade.
Plus, his hair will grow back on his body. Stay strong and hug your wife. Art.