8.19.2010

It's the weekend, Y'alls!!

I sit here writing this on Thursday night, but for me, 'tis the end of the week!! I have taken Friday off for various moving and shaking strategy type dealings. We're talking 007 type intrigue. Games of baccarat, martinis are gonna be shaken and most definitely not stirred, we are talking literal rock n'roll excitement for my long weekend. Actually, I hope to rest a little, and to go with Vick and Tobe to the playground to watch him run around a little bit. He is growing into SUCH a little young man right now, it's awesome, and scary :) where does all the time go???

We have had the mysterious Auditor dude "A" in from the corporate office. He is very Germanic and very demanding. His reputation preceded him, with his demand for outrageous documentation, and his blood curdling critiques of internal processes'. I had my first run in with him today (it is a good thing he did not see I was checking my gmail account when he walked up) I think I held my own with him in the grand discussion. I am not saying that I am gonna come out of the argument unscathed, but I think he left my desk with a respect that there is a Procurement process and presence at F Parsippany.

Occasionally, it feels good to know what you are talking about! Prior to my arrival 3 years ago (good grief), F had just failed an audit led by Mr. A. It was that failure that created my position, and then led to me getting hired at F. So, in a way I should have taken him out for a beer or something. However, I will merely accept the fact that my answers were good enough for him. It was onlly 15 minutes of discomfort, which in the grand scheme o'things is really nothing!! So Yay Team Ethan!!!!

I'm psyched for UFC 118 that is coming up this weekend for a few reason which I will decribe: First off, you have the rematch between NJ's own Frankie Edgar taking on BJ Penn for the Lightweight Title. While I did not watch Edgar - Penn 1 in Abu Dhabi, I heard it was a tight, close fight that Edgar used his wrestling skill to literally grind out a decision. Sounds like I'm a gonna root for the Jersey Boy against The Prodigy!!!

Also, we got Randy "The Natural" Couture vs. James "Lights Out" Toney. James is making his MMA debut after what sseems like 100,000 years as a boxer. I've had an issue w/ Mr. Lights Out since he beat one of my main men Vassili Jirov on HBO a few years ago. I hope Randy uses his GnP and literally rips James apart. I hope to report that just this happens!! You add Marcus Davis vs. Nate Diaz (who literally can NOT speak English, I swear he has marbles in his mouth! Nick, his brother, is the WORST, btw. Finally Ken Florian vs. Gray Maynard make the UFC entrance into Boston a card that you can not miss!!

Life has been going pretty good. I wish Tobe would get to bed a little earlier, but all in all, I'm very happy. Everyone is healthy, and everyone is working towards the future!! I should have some more news about the future stuff soon!!!!!

No comments: