12.02.2012

Post Weekend Wind Down

Sorry about the non posting the last  two weeks. Been kinda busy a) preparing for the move to the new house, and b) rocking and dealing w/ the stuff that those in the know  are aware that I'm working on.  I really don't want the world to know. So, feel free to email me offline, and ask.  Perhaps I'll share.  I've always been an open book; however, with the advent of hindsight in my middle age, I realize that this is perhaps not the best recipe to live in the world.  So, I'm learning to keep some of my cards closer to my chest.

We are almost ready to move.  The big move happens on Dec. 8th, next Saturday.  We are moving to our new house, our first house that we have every purchased.  Crazy wild time.  Worked long and hard to get here.  Glad that it's a  funky house, w/ a totally chill backyard. I can really see BBQ's back there, and Wintery Saturdays (like 60 degrees here) that we are all chillaxing, and drinking some sasparillas!!  It's part of the growth process, this house owning thing. I have a wonderful wife in Vicki, who has quite the vision for the new place.  I'm excited to see where it's gonna go.

No fights on HBO this weekend.  We don't have Showtime, so I did not get to see the Miguel Cotto vs. Austin Trout fight. Reports said it was good.  Perhaps Miguel has been in too many wars.  Father Time catches up to all fighters, y'know??  It's always a sad moment. In some cases (David Izon, Daniel Zaragosa) you see the fighter get old IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIGHT.  That is shocking, and very, very, very sad to see the reflexes go.  They can't take a punch any longer, but they still have heard, that's the only thing they have left. Unfortunately, heart doesn't usually win fights.

I'd be remiss in closing w/o mentioning the birthday party of my big boy, Tobin Sincoff. We had 17 Pre School kids and their parents at a trampoline/game place yesterday called Rebounderz. To say that Vicki and I were exhausted after 3hours of kids jumping, screaming, running, and playing skeeball, it would be an uderstatement!!

Happy 4th birthday to coolest 4 yr old in the world, I love you Toby!!


No comments: