7.30.2004

Kerry-Mania

I may be a bit over emotional, but I really found myself getting overwhelmed during John Kerry's speech during the Democratic Convention tonight.  Prior to his speech tonight, I really felt that he had to hit a home run of a speech, really say who he is, and identify where we're gonna go as a nation.

I felt he did all of those things w/ his speech.  He hit all the aspects that I was looking for... From humor, to talking tough about terrorism, from health care for ALL Americans, to his tenure as a Senator and Prosecutor in Massachusetts.  From his service record in Vietnam, to his relgious faith that he did not have to wear on his sleeve.  It was all there.

I don't think I have felt an election be so important since my first time voting in a presidential election in 1988 ( That was Bush vs. Dukakis for all of you old timers out there).  Let's all stand up and say that we do not a president who is controlled  by his God, and his appeasing the most right wing conservatists wack jobs.  Let's embrace a guy who wants to be president who says yes to scientific research, yes to healthcare for all,  yes to those struggling to make a buck in this country having the chance to get a bigger piece of the pie.  And,  let's have those who GET THE MOST OUT of our country financially put the most BACK IN w / their taxes.

Let's give John Kerry of Massachussetts a chance come November 2nd.

Ok, enough of my schpiel.

I'm off to Florida tomorrow to see my dad.  It looks like his surgery is Monday morning. I will try to update this from the library or something down there.

Do they even HAVE libraries in Florida ? :)

 

No comments: