7.28.2004

There is nothing Like

Having a phone problem when there is an imminent family  emergency going on.  Not to make this blog a personal thing to reflect EVERYTHING that is going on in my life, but  my dad was admitted to the hospital (as mentioned previously-in Florida)  w/ chest pains.

It now looks like he is going to have to have coronary bypass surgery.  He is on blood thinners, so they have to wait for those drugs to finish in his system before he can  go into surgery.  So I gotta go down to Florida. . ... Not an ideal visit.

I called him this morning, and he was like "hey I'm having some chest pains, why don't you call me back".. as casually as if he were asking me what I wanted him to get me for lunch.  Thankfully they gave him a nitroglycerine tablet, and he was ok.

Sucks when your parents get old, man.  Hopefully it'll be (semi) smooth sailing once I get down there --we shall see.  Maybe I'll buy some oceanfront property whilst down there.

You  never know.

No comments: